European Geothermal Workshop 2021
The European Geothermal Workshop (EGW) aims to discuss new scientific and technological approaches, methods or data in the field of deep geothermal reservoirs for energy exploitation. This year's main focus is on high-temperature thermal energy storage. The EGW provides a platform for scientific exchange, especially between PhD students and scientists.
The EGW 2021 is planned as an online event.
- Assessment of Geothermal Resources
- Exploration of Geothermal Reservoirs
- Constructing Geothermal Wells
- Resource Development
- Energy Conversion Systems
- Operation of Geothermal Systems
- Sustainability, Environment and Regulatory Framework
- Computing and Data Management, Machine Learning
- New geothermal utilization schemes
- Joint sessions within the GeoKarlsruhe2021
- 3 Keynotes by experienced scientists with high international reputation
- Overview of Geothermal Research at Karlsruhe Institute of Technology and the Helmholtz association
- Focused session on High Temperature Aquifer Thermal Energy Storage (HT-ATES)
- Geothermal site visit: Saturday morning, September 25th
- August 15th, 2021: Abstract submission deadline (approx. 500 words)
- September 1st, 2021: Registration deadline
- The registration link will be announced soon.