Geothermal energy and future perspectives
Geothermal energy is a sustainable technology of the future and an important element for a successful energy and heat transition and thus ultimately also for climate protection. Whether these great challenges of our time will be overcome will also determine our future quality of life on our planet.
The degree programme in Applied Geosciences and especially the profile Georesources offers an optimal basis for the multifaceted professional field of geothermal energy in the dynamics of the energy turnaround.
In geothermal energy, classical geological geophysical and geochemical questions and field methods meet state-of-the-art technologies and fields such as
- Complex geophysical exploration methods
- Environmentally sound reservoir technologies
- Computer aided numerics
- Innovative functional materials and substances
- Mechanical engineering and thermodynamics
- Fluid dynamics
- Geochemistry and -biology
- System analysis and economics
- Big Data and Artificial Intelligence.
Geothermal energy thus offers space for a wide range of interests and an optimal, future-proof environment for broadly interested young professionals. Technologies and processes applied in geothermal energy are also used in many other disciplines.